What are you doing New Year’s Eve?
My own answers include:
- Facing the White Walkers at the end of my freakin’ driveway and then going back indoors — windchills are going to be in the neighborhood of -40 degrees or worse tonight, with regular temps around -17 degrees by midnight. Yay.
- Drinking a gallon or so of yummy hot chocolate.
- There may or may not be peppermint schnapps in some of that hot chocolate.
- Don’t judge me.
- Huddling together with three small dogs for warmth and hoping that my ancient furnace doesn’t choose tonight to shuffle off this mortal coil.
- Getting bored and recording a terrible, mostly out of tune a capella version of Auld Lang Syne at some point, because Bored Now.
- Swearing at great length and with considerable creative energy at the most recent version of Garage Band and whatever sub-par sale microphone I’m using, because I am too tightfisted to buy something better. Again. Still.
- Sharing that recording online while not quite sober enough to make appropriate rational judgments about its aesthetic properties.
- Drunk-texting my friends, family, and assorted acquaintances around midnight, assuming I bother to stay awake that long instead of snuggling into a warm bed and dreaming my way into the new year.
So — got plans?